Sunday, December 26, 2010

First Email

Here is the first email I sent to GlitterSniffer requesting a refund. It is complete besides any identifying information being removed. A summary of their response is below the email.




To Whom It May Concern at GlitterSniffer Cosmetics:,

I purchased several pigments from you on redacted via Etsy. I have looked at your list of unsafe pigments and this list as well:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmHQNrWJXwC8dDlYTW1fclNGaldNbjdVWkV2aGZJa0E&hl=en&authkey=CN6HltkD#

Although not on your list of unsafe products, a pigment I purchased, Sammy Jo, appears as unsafe at the link. I am writing to you today to give you a chance to make this right. I would like my full purchase price of $21.50 refunded immediately. Although only one of the lot you sold me may be unsafe cosmetically, I have also seen pictures of you packaging pigments unhygienically, without use of gloves or common safety measures. This calls into question the unadulterated state of your products, and makes them all useless, regardless of their cosmetic safety.

I have filed complaints with the BBB, FDA, FTC, MedWatch, and the Internet Complaint Center. I am holding my products per the FDA in the event they need to be tested, so I am unable to send them back for refund. It is my expectation that you will refund my full purchase price. Please understand a withdrawal of my complaints is not contingent upon this refund as I intend to pursue every avenue of reporting and investigation to ensure that no other harmful products made by you, your company, or its subsidieries/sister companies ever makes it to the marketplace again.

For your reference I am including the listing here: redacted

I want to make it clear that I am in no way defaming you. I simply want you to understand the gravity of the situation and the immeasurable cost in terms of my time: investigating these claims, worrying about them, and having to pursue this when it should have been over and done with once our transaction was complete, which it would have been had you sold safe, unadulterated items.

Additionally, I want to make it clear that I have a reasonable expectation of personal privacy in this matter. While I cannot stop you from publishing the contents of this email as it relates to our dispute I expect that any and all information in regards to my name, email address, Etsy identity, and any other identifying information not listed previously will be redacted and held in the strictest confidence. Failure to do so will result in my pursuing an additional claim with the FTC under the Identity Theft Assumption and Deterrence Act of 1998

Please respond with your promise to refund and a reasonable timeline in which you will do so. Payment can be remitted via Paypal to this email address.

Thank you for your time in this matter.


GS response was a simple one line missive referring me back to Paypal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

You're Not Alone

Subscribe

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Easy Access

ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
Powered by Blogger.