Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update and Acknowledgements

I apologize that there have been no new posts. I will get back to regularly posting soon .

A few random odds and ends:

Thank you to everyone who contacted Christie Brooks. The matter of the Fundraiser Donation is still being worked out with GlitterSniffer Cosmetics. It is hoped that there will be a mutually beneficial resolution soon.
The Michigan Radio piece should air this week. I'm unsure what it will contain, but anything that brings attention to this issue is very much appreciated.

Carolyn has resumed communication with GlitterSniffer Cosmetics proprietor Lela Warren. While she does not publicly support the company, neither does she denounce it. She is neutral, and is working to repair her personal relationship at this time. I appreciate all she shared and wish her well going forward.

I am going to spend the evening updating tags for all posts. I generally put an ETA with the date when I edit. Please consider this my catch all ETA for all posts tagged GlitterSniffer. They will be updated to GlitterSniffer Cosmetics. Nothing else will be changed.

The blog has a new look. I am very happy with it. I had absolutely nothing to do with it, except to copy and paste the code into the HTML editor. The lovely and talented Eplefe designed it, and did an excellent job of walking me through the copy and paste when I couldn't seem to figure it out. Here is her experience with GlitterSniffer Cosmetics and an examination of the phenomena of 'glittermobbing'. She has my neverending thanks.

The Facebook page has almost 400 members. On the one hand I am very pleased that the word is getting out so that more people can make an informed decision; on the other the implications of that number are overwhelming. I am not involved in the day to day operations of the page, though I am still a member and post regularly. There has been an influx of people as of late and the Admins have kept it running smoothly. I'm not quite sure what I would have done without them. They took on a huge task in admining the page, and they did it when asked by someone who refused to tell them her name. That's pretty incredible. This story would not have reached as many people as it has were it not for them. Thank you, ALC, B, D, and A (and the two behind the scenes) for taking on a thankless job and doing it beautifully.

Also a huge thank you to all the folks, both named and anonymous, who have shared their stories, knowledge, and support. Though I am the only one putting pen to paper (metaphorically at least) on this blog there are many things I might have overlooked were it not for your help. I still have more information to present and more stories to tell and that is a direct result of all of you. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I would redo the blog for you a thousand time, and I would still be nowhere near you when it comes to work effort for this blog, lady. ;)<3

    ReplyDelete

Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

You're Not Alone

Subscribe

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Easy Access

ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
Powered by Blogger.