Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update

I have 10 posts in various stages of writing and editing. With the influx of information over the last week there has been a lot to go through. The Facebook page has taken on a life of it's own, and most of my attention has been there.

I am continuing on my quest for a refund and to get the word out. I do, however, need to regroup.

I appreciate your understanding for the radio silence. To be sure, I am no less committed to my goal. For those that do not follow the FB page, I leave you with this. Lela asked today what she could do, apart from shutting down GS. Again, please indulge me as I post my response.

Lela- Thank you for your question. I've pondered it and here is what I respectfully request. I would like a refund for all my pigments, a refund for anyone who feels unsafe using your products, all charity monies to be remitted forthwith, FDA compliance in regards to labeling and ingredients, compliance with Postal regulations for shipping, FTC regulations for interstate commerce, transparent acts of change on the part of GS that were not spurred on by a complaints blog, and mostly, a true act of contrition.

You have apologized repeatedly, to be sure, but from my observation, it has been less than contrite. There is always a reason (People wanted me to sell neons. I had no choice.) or an excuse (I tried to include a note that the reds weren't vegan.). The time for reasons and excuses is past. You treated these people as your friends, as your family. You must understand that makes this situation even harder to deal with. You sold a dream that turned out to be nothing but smoke and mirrors. You took the most sacred trust imaginable and violated it. I want you to actually, for even one second, understand the enormity of what you have done and the incredible damage, both physically and emotionally, that you have caused.

I do not wish to see your business shut down, but unless and until I see true change in the business behaviors of GS I will not stop. I will continue posting, I will continue running the page, I will watch your site to ensure that regulations are followed. If you choose not to police yourself I will do it for you, because that sacred trust which you so carelessly betrayed means something to me.

I apologize if this offends you, but you solicited my response. I also apologize for the slightly emotional nature of it, but I truly feel it needed to be said.

Be well, Lela. We've got a long road ahead of us.

2 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. This was a wonderfully written letter. I hope she understands a little better now what she has done.

    ~signed the lady who is STILL having eye problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen- I think through all this that is what I want most- a true, honest, human response, without an XOXO following it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

You're Not Alone

Subscribe

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Easy Access

ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
Powered by Blogger.