Sunday, January 2, 2011

Others Experiences

Original post and responses culled from an apology post entitled "Please read:" posted to Facebook, which has since been deleted (or if it still exists I can't find it. If it does, I would be happy to edit this post and post a link).  Presented unedited, except to remove personally identifying information.
Glittersniffer Cosmetics! To all my customers and friends, It’s with much humiliation and regret that I need to address you on several matters. In the past year I have made an unbelievable amount of changes to my business. Unfortunately, not all have been beneficial to GS. In my desire to “take it to the next level”, I have unintentionally let major aspects of this company decline in quality. I wish to apologize whole-heartedly to all the great ladies who have recently decided to leave the page and the company. I do not have hard feelings and realize I would probably have done the same thing I’m sad to say. I also wish to apologize to all the newer ladies for having to see all this hashed out on my fanpage. I take complete responsibility for all the negative comments made of late. I am not proud, but I am enlightened. I have had complete tunnel vision, looking ahead and not around . All those women who left were friends, not just customers. I would like to think I would never treat my friends in the manner as I did those whom I took terribly for granted. I will say on my behalf though, I never sold things with out intending to deliver them. I did however oversell things and then have to scramble to get them, though that was not intentional as some have implied. My actions from this point will be scrutinized and that is to be expected. My plan is to take it slow and get back to the roots of what GS is. I intend to stop selling before product it is stocked. I intend to ship orders within 5 days of receipt. I intend to email people immediately if, for some reason product is not available and give an estimated ship day. I’m going to need to limit the time I spend on emails. The new policy will be to email me if your order has not shipped in 5 days of payment. I will ask people to please not email me unnecessarily, so I can focus on the other aspects that need my attention to better serve you. Please don’t take this as I don’t want to be emailed, take this as I won’t be getting all the emails because things are running smoothly .The last few days have been a real wake-up call for me and very difficult. I guess the biggest lesson was no matter how “better” I made up for shortfalls, the fact is, people just want what they ordered, and no amount of extras, etc. can make up for that. I again apologize to current and past supporters of GS. ♥ Lela
Some selected responses:
1)While I'm glad to see this promise, for some of us it's come way too late. I have product here that made me physically sick, I got pinkeye for a week+ that left me unable to work! I'm weary to use contaminated product as I ordered several products all in the same shipment that was my personal Christmas present to myself and it made me sick. Especially after pictures with no gloves, that's a horrible violation of safety precautions. I've also had the same problems with several past orders that others have had and I didn't speak up either because of all the "bullying" going on here. That simply isn't right. It's time something was done & all of this fixed. It would take a drastic turn-around for me to ever consider ordering from GS again. I'd have to see major effort & consistency as well change these habits. I am not being "rude", simply honest. I want a business that will think of it's customers in each of it's transactions and orders in a timely, safe manner; not one that makes it's customers sick, ignores them and is late. If you support GS, that is your right; I'm not trying to "change" anyone's opinion just stating what has happened to me and what I'd like to see. Thank You.
 2) Redacted, I threw all of mine out after I got a corneal ulcer 2 months ago which was attributed to it. I wasn't going to mention that, but I thought I'd share since you got pink eye.
3) Redacted, the lab tested 2 unopened/unused GS containers and found bacteria. I'd rather not get into that on here since that is not what this is about, but if you're going to start calling people dirty, I'll be glad to.
4) are you kidding redacted?? a lot of people have gotten pink eye recently and have had scratches on there eyes from the product... its not just people with sensitive eyes i dont have sensitive eyes at alll and have had issues wioth products. calling some one dirty is unnecessary
 Thank you to an anonymous emailer for the information.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was an original original statement too! I thought the crazy long one she deleted and re-posted was the only one. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Km-Neither did I until I got the email. I spent most of the afternoon poring over it. But the best thing I got today was an email I just received which contains the *entire* Statement thread, with comments. I'm going to be up all night with that one.

    ReplyDelete

Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

You're Not Alone

Subscribe

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Easy Access

ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
Powered by Blogger.