Thursday, January 6, 2011

Others Experiences

I have been deluged with information regarding others experiences over the last few days. In an effort to streamline this process, though some have given me permission to publish their names, I am going to publish excerpts of the messages with identifying information removed, that way I can ensure that I protect the privacy of those that requested it. It has all become a bit unwieldy, and I would not want to release information on anyone mistakenly. Feel free to claim your story in the comments.

Everything I am posting here I have either been given permission to publish or it was previously published in some way and is part of public domain.
  • This email was received by two different submitters. Both received it on December 12th, both refused the offer and requested their original orders, both were promised that the orders would be sent, and both are still waiting for their original orders-one since 10/10, and one since 11/29/10 (an order totalling $144.00):
         Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:42:44 -060
Subject: Re: Order questions/problems

From: glittersniffercosmetics@gmail.com
To: redacted

As a token of our sincere apologies in the delay of your order, we would like to make you a special offer. In replacement for your original order, we would like to send you a 75$ value gift basket FILLED with GS goodies! This will include our Face Fixers, Chrome Serum, Face Glue, Sparklers, Pigments, Brushes, FULL collections, bath products and anything else we can fit in your bag! It will ship immediately upon your approval. Please let me know!
XOXO
  •  The first order took over a month to arrive. When it did, it was nothing what I ordered. Completely incorrect. I had to wait another few weeks for a fix. The pigments were literally thrown into a thin priority mail envelope left to roll around and spill pigment all over the place. I was stupid enough to order randoms, when she had a sale. Mostly for gifts. I ordered 25 and received less than half. She never fixed it. I put in two paypal disputes and won both, thankfully.
  • I'm pretty sad with what has happened to Glittersniffer Cosmetics. I found them over a year ago, as I'd been looking for highly pigmented eyeshadow for my costuming. My first couple of orders went very well. I had no problems with her switching out colors, I got my orders in a timely manner. However, I did notice the colors weren't always what they were supposed to look like. Then orders came later and later. Colors were completely off, or just plain not blended right and chunky. Communications with Lela were slowed, and she would snap at me and come off as rude when all I wanted to know is what the hold up was, or why my colors were so different from everyone elses. I had gotten a few styes, and stopped using the pigments. I was also fed up with the post office "losing" my order; aka the non-updating tracking number fiascos of 2010. I'd asked her for some custom colors for a few photoshoots, and got blown off while she was sending free packages to her favorites and making custom collections for them. What kind of a business blows off a paying customer so that they can make stuff for a non-paying friend?

Reports of possible injury and allergic reactions due ti use of potentially adulterated GS products.
  • Yeah, my daughter had a reaction to lower east side & an unnamed pink...
  • I received corneal abrasions in both eyes from the charity collections...my eyes haven't been the same since.
      • My blood boils when I open my eyes and I CANT SEE because my vision is permanently cloudy. I am IRATE over the fact that I suffered from a 3 month long stye in my eyeball that caused me a great deal of pain. 
      • I am pretty new to the GS stuff, in fact I never purchased anything. But I did receive samples and used the Zombie Girl and Fight Club... I only used them a couple of times because they made my eyes itch, I got a rash on both eye lids and had trouble seeing for a few days. After I discontinued use it cleared up within a week or so...
      • .. after I got my Black Friday order (a special of $60 worth of the 80's collection, true blood, pressure sensitive, xl chrome serum, elizabeth d's collection - two colors from this collection gave me pink eye,  matte collection -  in which the dark pink from this collection gave me pinkeye, I actually threw it out, and some other collections I can't recall right now off the top of my head.) I had pinkeye for one week that left me off work; no compensation and then a re-occurrence when I used another collection in a separate week. All of GSC's products right now I have stored in a plastic makeup container; scared to use *any* of the pigments or products.
       I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences, I will be adding them all to my complaint when I call the FDA back today.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

      You're Not Alone

      Subscribe

      Bloggers' Rights at EFF

      Easy Access

      ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
      Powered by Blogger.