Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Others Experiences

I received an email regarding some communication with GlitterSniffer from a first time buyer. The buyer contacted GS with some concerns regarding ingredients in an order she had  placed. I present it here, unedited, except to remove personally identifying information. The buyer wishes to remain anonymous.
from redacted
date redacted
subject buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Hi! I just saw you on my friend redacted's blog, redacted. I wanted to place an order and I saw that you have this special:
"Buy any 3 eyeshadows, get 3 ABSOLUTELY FREE! There is a special listing for this offer, it can also be found in the "collections" section! Have fun!"

but I couldn't find the special listing for it.

Do I just buy three and list the 3 in the comments that I want?

I'm looking forward to trying you and reviewing you in my blog :)

Thanks,
redacted

--
to redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

Hey there, it should be the first listing in the shop! I'm not at a PC right now or I would send you a direct link :)

Thanks,

Lela

--

from redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Hi Lela,

I just had a quick question for you.

What are your ingredients for your eye shadow?
I couldn't find an ingredients list and it worried me a bit.

Thanks,
redacted

--

to redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

Hi redacted , no worries :) I am not at a PC right now but all my eyeshadows are made with pigments, titanium dioxide, and oxides. I use no fillers whatsoever. Some shadows are enhanced with kaolin clay for a better slip. Other than that, it is all pure cosmetic grade mica :) Hope that helps

Thanks,

Lela

--
from redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Hi Lela,

I'm more used to seeing an ingredient list like :

Mica, Titanium Dioxide. May contain Tin Oxide, Silica, UltraMarine Blue, Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green, Iron Oxides, Chromium Green Oxide, ferric ferrocyanide, Ultramarines, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Bronze Powder, Copper Powder, Zinc Oxide

or
Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), May contain: iron oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric oxide (CI 77491), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Carmine (CI 175470)

It actually makes me nervous to use a product without a bit more of an ingredient list.

I know that Kaolin can be really good in minerals, depending on the product.

Would it be possible for you to let me know the ingredients for the colors I ordered?
I bought Radiation, Marva, Blow, Sammy Jo, Lace and Fight Club.

-redacted

--

to redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

Hi again, as soon as I get home I will put a more detailed list together for you. I don't keep a list out in public because I have been "copied" on several ocassions.

-Lela
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

--
from redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Thank you.
Please be assured, I am not trying to copy.
I do not make mineral makeup, nor do I want to ;P
I just love wearing it.

If you visit my blog, you can see that I really do buy from a lot of companies and I love makeup.

I just want to make sure that I feel comfortable with the ingredients used.
I've had some bad experiences :(

Thanks,
redacted

--
from redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Hi Lela,

Were you able to get the list of ingredients?

If not, I need to cancel my order.
I'm just too uncomfortable at not having an ingredients list.

Thanks,
redacted

--
to redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

Hi there, I'm sorry- I had thought I had emailed you back to tell you I would get this done for you. Here are you are lovely:

Radiation-
Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7
  Chromium Oxide Green
77288 1308-38-9

 Marva-
Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7
  ferrocyanide
77510 14038-43-8

Blow-

Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7

Sammy Jo-
Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7
  Tin Oxide 778161 18282-10-5
  Iron Oxide 77499 1309-38-2

Lace- 
Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7
  Iron Oxide 77491 1309-37-1
Fight Club-
Mica 77019 12001-26-2
  Titanium Dioxide 77891 13463-67-7
 


Flight Club also contains:
Mica
77019 12001-26-2

Hope that helps :)

Thanks,

Lela

--

from redacted
bcc redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by redacted

Hi Lela,

From looking at your ingredients, they look nearly identical to TKB ingredients. I have several TKB shades, and these look like their ingredients list.

Shouldn't Fight Club have a carmine to make it that bright pink?

-redacted

--
to redacted
date redacted
subject Re: buy 3 get 3 free?
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

I use bases from several suppliers, I do not use carmine. Carmine is not a vegan ingredient and all eye pigments is the shop are vegan.

-Lela
 And here is a screenshot of the way the ingredients appeared in the original email:

Here is TKB's ingredient list for Grape Pop! Comparing it to Sammy Jo, not only are the ingredients identical, but they are even in the same format.

Here is TKB's ingredient list for Taurus Orion. Comparing it to Radiation, not only are the ingredients identical, but they are even in the same format.

Here is TKB's ingredient list for Capricorn Sea. Comparing it to Marva, not only are the ingredients identical, but they are even in the same format.

Lela also states that she does not use carmine, which we know from her statement is not true.

I am also curious about "Fight Club". It's a pink, so it's included in the recall automatically, but in the recall list there is a pigment listed as "Flight Club" which is being recalled as being unapproved for eye use. If this is a typo in the recall list or the email, and Fight/Flight Club is indeed unapproved for eye use, then the ingredients given to the buyer are way off. Of course, there could have been two pigments that were similarly named as well, but Google turned up no results for Fight Club. Additionally, Lela lists the pigment variously as Fight Club and Flight Club, so infer from that what you will.

Thanks to the anonymous buyer!

1/7/10 ETA: I received a followup from the submitter, and  the pigment in questions is indeed Flight Club. That means that the ingredients list provided was incorrect. Flight Club is on the recall list.

9 comments:

  1. I own "Flight Club" and have never seen a "Fight Club" pigment, so I think it's a typo. I also love that she says she doesn't list ingredients because she's been "copied"
    Bull.
    Almost all mineral makeup contains the same stuff. It's not like an ingredient list is a freakin' recipe.
    And thank you for this blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhevarri-What I find ironic (real ironic, not Alanis Morrisette ironic) is that she's talking about being copied when it appears all she did was copy and paste ingredients off TKB's site.

    I feel so disingenuous when I say you're welcome, because my main motive for starting the blog(refund recovery) was not altruistic. It's really you all that make it what it is. So, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flight Club & Fight Club were both pigment names :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany-I'm so confused on that one. I tried to vet it as much as possible, but I honestly could not find a product link for anything called Fight Club. I would love if someone would send me a picture of it so I could verify and edit if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flight Club is a super glittery pink while fight club is a super bright pink with a little glitter. The same pigment but she added a white base to Flight club to tone it down. I have, or should say had, a sample baggie of both..

    ReplyDelete
  6. fLight Club is the pigment name. Fans/Customers just happened to drop the "L" I remember reading in one of the original listings for Flight Club that it was named after one of the most popular Gentleman's Clubs in Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany- Oh, how I wish soemoen had an example of Fight Club (no L) nbecause I cannot find a listing for it anywhere.

    Chaos-All the search results from Google seem to point in that directio, as the only posts I see are people in FOTD's, EOTD's and reviews/swatches calling it Fight Club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was FLight Club. She even had a discussion about it at one point on her fanpage or personal page because almost everybody called it Fight Club. Somebody asked about it and she explained it was a common error, it was not named after the movie like many people thought but was named after a gentleman's club in Detroit like chaos states. If brittany received two differnt things they were mistakes cause there never really was a Fight Club actual pigment. Or so we were told.

    ReplyDelete
  9. keadams- Thank you for reminding me to update this post! I got a response from the submitter and it was a typo. It is Flight Club.

    ReplyDelete

Please be constructive in your comments. Any comments posted to this blog that may be considered defamatory, inflammatory, or threatening to anyone will be removed.

You're Not Alone

Subscribe

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Easy Access

ACE Books Amazon Payments Artfire ASPCA Attorney General Bellasugar Better Business Bureau Big Cartel Business Opportunity Buyer Beware Cellini Red Charity Child Safety Closing Coastal Scents Complaints I Filed Consumer Affairs Consumer Product Safety Commission Consumer Reports Consumerist Contact Copyright Cosmetic Safety Craftzine.com Craigslist Cream Eyeliner Dammit Pigment Detroit Handmade Detroit Urban Craft Fair Disney Double Labels Ebay Email Etsy Etsy Call Out Blog Facebook FDA Federal Trade Commision Flickr Frankening Freedom Of Information Act FTC Get Crafty Gift Cards Gift Certificates Gift Exchange GLAAD Glam Rock Magazine glittermail GlitterSniffer GlitterSniffer Bath GlitterSniffer Cosmetics GlitterSnifferCosmetics.highwire.com Glow in the Dark Google Checkout Handmade HBO I Answer Your Questions Ingredients Internet Crime Complaint Center Kids in Danger Labeling Lawsuit Listia Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule Maker City Faire Mascara Media MedWatch Mermaid Tail Michigan Department of Agriculture Michigan Radio Mineral Makeup Class My Story New Products News Not Approved OFT Old Stock Open Letter Overview Party Paypal Perfect Mint Personally Identifying Information PETA Pigmentchick PIRGIM Pissed Consumer Promises Psycho Bath Co PureLuxe purpose Randoms Recall Refund Rep. John D. Dingell Repackaging RipOffReport.com Sanrio Seuss Soap Statement Store Credit Technorati Terms of Service The Conservatorie The Princess Bride The Spotted Box Tim Burton True Blood TWLOHA USPS Vegan Wayne County Health Department Web Wholesale Women's Health Working Girl Cosmetics Your Story
Powered by Blogger.